External Adult Learning Domestic Expert of the European Platform for Adult Learning in Europe (EPALE) in Albania”
AMENDMENT No 2018-2306/001-002 to
Grant Agreement number 2018-2306/001-001
The National Agency for Vocational Education and Training and Qualifications (NAVETQ) as the National Support Service for European Platform for Adult Learning in Europe (EPALE) have been awarded a grant from the European Programs for Education and Youth, Erasmus+is. The project aims as follows: (i) to bring EPALE to the adult learning community in Albania, and motivating this community to participate on its activities; and (ii) support the Central Support Service in delivering quality content in a multilingual, dynamic, interactive and innovative platform, through the upload of contents in both English and Albanian languages
The reforming policy of Albania’s education and training system, besides taking into account such traditional issues as: curriculum development, training of teachers/instructors, equipping schools/centres, is going to be oriented toward a “systemic reform” which is going to address issues, such as: Albanian Qualification Framework, capacity building, institutional building, skills needs analysis, social partnership, etc. Adult learning is quite new and very important reforming area for Albania like for all South Eastern European Countries. Its importance is even higher considering the path and the pace of the economic reforms implemented during transition and the respective consequences, the size, the structure and the development level of the private sector, the average skill level of the work force which is far from guaranteeing the economy and the labour force to become competitive in a regionalized and globalized world.
Scope of the assignment
Adult learning is close to, but not synonymous with, continuing vocational education and training. It is usually used: (i) to provide compensatory learning in basic skills, which individuals may not have acquired in their initial education (such as literacy, numeracy, etc.); (ii) to enable people (a) to access and attain qualifications not gained, for various reasons, in the initial education and training system, (b) to acquire, improve or update skills or competences in a specific field; this is continuing vocational education and training. At present the concept of adult learning is not well introduced and developed in the education and training reforms and the awareness about it is still low at all levels of governance as well as among population.
This project aims to contribute to this contextual challenge of Albania, by providing this set of activities: (i) the design and implementation of a 2-years Communication Strategy to resume the promotion of EPALE in Albania and continuing recruit users and contributors; (ii) continuous updating of the information about Lifelong Learning in Albania available at EPALE and development of animation strategies through social media and virtual communities to expand the Lifelong Learning community in the country, and to motivate adult learners, adult educators, the Albanian businesses and the society in general; (iii) providing of the content in regarding to adult learning to NAVETQ webpage on EPALE, cross linking it to other public and private institutions operating in the education and training field; and (iv) support to multilingualism through the uploading of contents related to lifelong learning in Albanian language, exploiting the cultural and identity dimensions of adult learning activities.
This assignment’s final objective will be the update and the implementations of the overall communication strategy aiming at promoting EPALE and Albanian Adult learning practices and policies, involving the main stakeholders on EPALE activities and to recruit domestic and international users.
The expert will perform the following tasks / outputs:
- Updating communication strategy to resume the promotion of EPALE in Albania and continuing recruit users and contributors and assisting in its implementation;
- Updating of the experts working in the field of the adult learning through an on-line registry of their data, publications, networks, etc.
- Updating of the information available on various sources related to Adult Learning providers and make it available on-line through the EPALE;
- Contribution with relevant inputs in preparing a media campaign on EPALE;
- Contribution in organising of Annual workshop for presenting and discussing the EPALE project activities carried out in Albania involving the relevant national and international stakeholders;
- Contribution in organising of Regional Coffee-meetings with relevant local stakeholders operating in adult learning field in 8 regions of Albania for taking stock of the carried-out activities and for promoting the EPALE platform functionalities, and its expected activities and outputs in order to recruit, orient, motivate and encourage more and diverse users at regional and local levels;
- Contribution in organising of dedicated training actions to EPALE users focussed on the way to enrich the Platform with new and relevant contents.
- Promotion of active participation and contribution of providers and individuals by encouraging discussions in the Platform in order to generate new emerging topics and networking opportunities;
- Elaboration of leaflets, brochures, and production of other promotional materials to be distributed in the different dissemination actions to be organised;
- Organisation of a Lifelong Learning Week, including the observation of the “Adult learner day” in Tirana.
- Development of Albanian versions of European key-resources on adult learning and English versions of the most important Albanian ones.
- Inception Report – A preliminary report, with a detailed work plan, methodological tools, potential list of stakeholders to work with. The inception report should be agreed upon with the representative of NAVETQ and present in details the working plan and expected outcomes.
- Undated Communication Strategy drafted by April 30, 2021.
- The database of providers and experts up-to-date, by June 30, 2021.
- Submission of relevant information (contact details, programmes, events, news) and key-resources (publications, training materials, promotional materials). Minimum targets:
- at least 5 key-resources in the resource centre
- at least 2 events in the calendar
- at least 1 blog post in the general blog
- at least 2 news items in the news corner
- Annual workshops for presenting and discussing the EPALE project activities carried out in Albania involving the relevant national and international stakeholders; workshop organized in Tirana for 70 participants (one per year)
- 8 Regional Coffee-meetings organized and conducted in the main regions of the country – North, Centre, and South, for 25 participants each. (4 Regional Coffee-meetings in 2021, and 2 in 2022)
- 3 training actions for EPALE users registered at the Coffee-meetings and Launching workshop,
- A Lifelong Learning Week in Tirana with the participation of at least 10 providers in Tirana and in other 5 regions of adult learning activities is organised and observed within October 2021 and December 2021.
Competencies and Critical Success Factors
- Theoretical and practical familiarity with Adult learning in a developing country context.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Meet tight deadlines without compromising on the quality of work, and being flexible.
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural communications skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Effectively coordinate and advise.
- Highest standards of integrity, discretion and loyalty.
- Advanced University Degree in economics, labour economics, socio-economic studies, education or a closely related discipline.
- Have at least 5 years of proven relevant work/consultant experience particularly in relation to adult learning issues in Albania.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and organizational capacity;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Previous experience with EU programmes is desirable;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Excellent communication and report-writing skills in English and Albanian.
Time frame and scope of the assignment
The above mentioned assignment deliverables are expected to be performed in a time span of 12 months, starting from April 2021 – March 2022 with a work load of a total of 36 working days. The inception report should be submitted within 2 weeks after the contract signature between the two parties.
The expert will be reporting to the contractor, periodically (every two weeks) on the progress of the work. The contractor will assure that all deliverables produced by expert are supplied to NAVETQ in high quality in accordance with ToR and within stipulated deadlines.
The Expert will be working independently, however if some working place is needed for meeting or presentation NAVETQ will provide a working station for the consultant.
Travel and communication costs will be covered by the expert, however coordination and support will be offered to the expert by the technical coordinator of this task at NAVETQ.
How and where to apply
Interested applicants are required to submit an Expression of Interest and a separate financial offer for this assignment to the following email address: email@example.com The application package is required to include a recently updated CV, a copy of the diploma of the highest degree achieved and a name as referee.
Deadline for application: April 16th, 2021, 14:00 hrs