The National Agency for Vocational Education and Training and Qualifications (NAVETQ), as the National Support Service for European Platform for Adult Learning in Europe (EPALE), has been awarded a grant from the European Program for Education and Youth, Erasmus+. The project aims as follows: (i) to bring EPALE to the adult learning community in Albania, and motivating this community to participate on its activities; and (ii) to support the Central Support Service in delivering quality content in a multilingual, dynamic, interactive and innovative platform, through the upload of contents in both English and Albanian languages.
The reforming policy of Albania’s education and training system, besides taking into account such traditional issues as: curriculum development, training of teachers/instructors, equipping schools/centres, is oriented toward a “systemic reform” which is addressing issues, such as: Albanian Qualifications Framework, capacity building, institutional building, skills needs analysis, social partnership, etc. Adult learning is quite new and a very important reforming area for Albania, like for other South Eastern European Countries. Its importance is even higher considering the path and the pace of the economic reforms implemented during transition and the respective consequences. The size, the structure and the development level of the private sector, the average skill level of the work force, which is far from guaranteeing the economy and the labour force to become competitive in a regionalized and globalized world, are only some of the features that can be mentioned here.
Scope of the assignment
Adult learning is close to, but not synonymous with, continuing vocational education and training. It is usually used: (i) to provide compensatory learning in basic skills, which individuals may not have acquired in their initial education (such as literacy, numeracy, etc.); (ii) to enable people (a) to access and attain qualifications not gained, for various reasons, in the initial education and training system, (b) to acquire, improve or update skills or competences in a specific field. At present the concept of adult learning is not well introduced and developed in the education and training reforms in Albania, and the awareness about it is still low at all levels of governance as well as among population. To increase the information available and the awareness about adult learning activity in the country is one of the main goals of EPALE. Albania as a candidate country to the European Union was eligible for participating in this platform. EPALE is constantly striving to improve the quality of adult learning in Europe through a platform that enables the sharing of content related to adult learning, including news, blog posts, resources and events.
The main objective of this assignment is:
- to assure the quality of the deliverables produced by NAVETQ as the National Support Service to promote EPALE in Albania;
- to provide technical advice to the NSS on the development of the planned activities and on the potential impact of such initiatives in Albania.
Expectations for up to 4 EPALE ambassadors:
- Be an active member of adult education networks
- Join and contribute to the EPALE platform
The EPALE ambassadors will perform the following tasks:
- Identifying content and resources for EPALE, minimum 6 uploads from April 2021 – March 2022
- Writing blogs and articles, minimum 12 from April 2021 – March 2022.
- Promote EPALE and recruit users at events for adult education professionals, minimum 6 event from April 2021 – March 2022
- Animate EPALE by commenting on content and contributing to discussions and editorial events, with a minimum of 6 discussions from April 2021 – March 2022
- Assist in mapping the sector and identifying key stakeholders related to adult learning in Albania
- Participate in webinars related to EPALE
- Actively contribute to the EPALE community and social media, disseminating information, initiating debates and actively participating in them.
- Minimum 6 upload April 2021 – March 2022
- Minimum 12 articles from April 2021 – March 2022 Participation in three seminar/workshop on Adult Learning in Albania
These outputs are expected to be delivered by the end of March 2022.
Expert selection methodology
According to the Grant Agreement, an expert with experience in Adult Learning and EU Policy Framework in Adult and Lifelong Learning will be selected.
- Master Degree or Postgraduate studies in Educational or Social Sciences, Economics, Adult Learning (or related areas)
- Proven ability to work as an adult education professional
- Good organisational skills
- Extensive Knowledge and Work Experience in Adult Learning and Lifelong Learning topics – minimum 3 years of experience in related topics
- Demonstrated capacity to communicate effectively
After receipt of application, NAVETQ (EPALE NSS Albania) will carry out the evaluation and notify the applicant(s) within 10 (ten calendar) days.
The applications will be evaluated based on the quality of the technical and financial offer in accordance with the procedures set out in the Practical Guidelines and Procedures (PRAG) for EU external actions http://ec.europa.eu/europeaid/funding/about-funding-and-procedures/procedures-and-practical-guide-prag_en, as well as based on provisions of the national legislation.
Time frame and remuneration of services
The above mentioned assignment deliverables are expected to be performed in a time span of 12 months, starting from April 2021 – March 2022 with a work load of a total of 36 working days. The inception report should be submitted within 2 weeks after the contract signature between the two parties.
The expert is going to work in distance.
The maximal honorary shall not exceed the amount of EUR 5400 (five thousand and four hundred euro).
Responsibility and Reporting
- The expert will take full responsibility for the completion of the tasks/outputs mentioned above.
Travel, accommodation and communication costs shall be covered by the expert, however coordination and support will be offered to him/her by the technical coordinator of this task at NAVETQ.
How and where to apply
Interested applicants are required to submit the application package to the following email address: email@example.com.
The application package should comprise:
- a technical offer including a recently updated CV, an application request and a copy of the diploma of the highest degree achieved.
Deadline for application: 31th of March 2021, 17:00 (CET).
Tirana, 18 March, 2021