The National Agency for Vocational Education and Training and Qualifications (NAVETQ) as the National Support Service for European Platform for Adult Learning Education (ALE) in Europe (EPALE) have been awarded a grant from the European Programs for Education and Youth, Erasmus+ is. The project aims as follows: (i) to bring EPALE to the adult learning community in Albania, and motivating this community to participate on its activities; and (ii) support the Central Support Service in delivering quality content in a multilingual, dynamic, interactive and innovative platform, through the upload of contents in both English and Albanian languages.
The NAVETQ needs to engage one Local interpreter/translator Albanian – English.
Objective of the Assignment
The assignment will consist on the preparation and the implementations of the overall communication strategy aiming at promoting EPALE and Albanian Adult learning practices and policies, involving the main stakeholders on EPALE activities and to recruit domestic and international users.
Scope of work
This assignment’s final objective will be the preparing materials in Albanian language and translating/editing it into English, which is a key-action of this proposal to support the multilingualism. This is also, a very important contribution for embedding the European key- resources available in English language in the Albanian adult learning community, through translation into Albanian.
Other objective will be the links between EU and the Albanian public institutions operating in this field.
The local interpreter/translator Albanian – English will be responsible for providing
Interpretation and translation services from Albanian into English, and vice-versa, according to needs and requirements of the EPALE NSS project’s activities.
- The local interpreter/translator Albanian – English should have an Education: University degree in English language, translation studies, international relations, or related areas
- Experience: at least 5 years of progressively responsible in translation (written translations and interpretation) with an international organization
- Computer Literacy: Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to work under pressure
- Meet tight deadlines without compromising on the quality of work, and being flexible
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural communications skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Highest standards of integrity and loyalty
- Excellent communication and report-writing skills in English and Albanian
Applications will be evaluated based on a cumulative analysis taking into consideration the combination of the applicant’s technical qualifications and financial proposal.
– Qualification and skills – max 40%
– General professional experience – max 25%
– Specific professional experience – max 35%.
Reporting and Duration
The Local interpreter/translator Albanian – English will be closely cooperating with the NAVETQ staff to coordinate the contents to be translated as well as the deadlines for delivery.
Payment will be made upon delivery of translation services documented in regular in voices by the translator to the contracting authority (NAVETQ).
Interested applicants may obtain further information regarding the Terms of Reference at the websites: http://www.akafp.gov.al; http://www. erasmusplus.al/or at the address below, Monday-Friday, from 08:00 to 16:30 hours.“European Platform for Adult Learning in Europe (Epale) National Support Services for
Albania” Project National Agency of Vocational Education Training and Qualifications
Addr: Str.“Mustafa Lleshi”, Godina e Thesarit, Kati. III“, Tirana, Albania Tel: + 355 4 2237087
Interested applicants should submitt:
- Expression of interest,
- Recently updated CV;
- Two examples of recent translations ( Albanian-English and vice-versa)
- Two names as referees to be sent to the e-mail address: email@example.com
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form (post or by e- mail) to the below address:
National Agency of Vocational Education Training and Qualification
Add: “Mustafa Lleshi”, Godina e Thesarit, Kati. III-te “, Tirana,
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org Albania
Attn: Mrs. Ejvis Gishti
The right corner of the envelope or subject of the e-mail must indicate the relevant position of interest. The deadline for receipt of submission is January 21st, 2021 at 16.30 PM.