Terms of Reference
“Albanian Language Teacher for Foreigner (refugees and asylum seekers) FORWORK Project”
Grant Agreement no. VS/2017/0446 – Fostering Opportunities of Refugee WORKers (FORWORK)
Background and Rationale
The National Agency for Vocational Education and Training and Qualifications (NAVETQ) as co-partner in the project FORWORK coordinated by the Italian National Agency for Active Labour Policies (ANPAL), have been awarded a grant by the European Commission, DG Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion, within the EASI – PROGRESS program.
During the period from 2018 to 2021, the project aims promoting the social and working inclusion of asylum seekers and refugees hosted in reception facilities in Italy and Albania.
In Italy, the project will assess whether a dedicated training and placement program is effective in improving labour market and social integration of asylum seekers and refugees. In order to answer this question, we will evaluate a pilot program involving asylum seekers hosted in reception centres in Piedmont, a large region in the North-West of Italy. The evaluation design will involve ad-hoc data collections and counterfactual analysis, in which beneficiaries will be randomized into treatment and control groups. The program will involve approximately 1,200 (600+600) individuals in 160 reception centres of the region, equally split into treatment and control groups. Evaluation activities will be carried out by the Fondazione Rodolfo De Benedetti, a research organization with experience in policy evaluation and impact assessment.
In Albania, the FORWORK project will be implemented by two partners of the consortium: ADRIAPOL and the National Agency for Vocational Education, Training and Qualifications (NAVETQ).
Base on the planned activities in Albania an initial assessment of the population of asylum seekers and refugees in the country was done. Currently, a pilot group of asylum seekers and refugees will benefit from Albanian language courses, civic education courses followed by vocational trainings and job coaching services.
Duties and responsibilities of the Albanian Language Teacher for Foreigner:
- Prepare the appropriate teaching and learning materials for the development of the basic Albanian language course for foreigner (asylum seekers and refuges)
- Create and prepare lesson plans for the curricula development by integrating competencies, goals, and objectives into lesson plans
- To teach students how to read, write, understand and interpret the basic of Albanian language,
- Organize classroom lectures, coursework, Assign homework and interesting exercises,
- Provide individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curricula to the needs of each student,
- Create positive educational climate for students and modify the lesson plans accordingly the students’ performance,
- Keep a record of students’ attendance for each lesson day,
- Observe, evaluate and follow students’ performance and final results
- Prepare and distribute required reports for the students’ performance,
- Create tests for students and determine exam,
- Determine students level based on the test results.
Required Skills and Experience
An Advance University Degree in Albanian Language and Education.
- Demonstrated experience of 5 years in teaching Albanian language.
- Experience in delivering educational activities to vulnerable populations is a strong advantage.
- Previous working experience of working with EU Project is an advantage.
- Demonstrated soft skills in management of vulnerable groups.
- Excellent communication skills.
For this position, Skills in English and communication skills, is required.
Time frame and scope of the assignment
The above mentioned assignment deliverables are expected to be performed in a time span of 4 months, starting from October 2020 and January 2021 with a work load of a total of 88 working days.
22 working days for the preparation of the teaching and learning materials and 66 working days for online teaching of Albanian language.
The expert will be reporting to the contractor, periodically (every week) on the progress of the work. The contractor will assure that all deliverables produced by expert are supplied to NAVETQ in high quality in accordance with ToR and within stipulated deadlines.
The expert will work according to a calendar which will be decided within 5 days from the signing of the contract. Teaching will be developed online and will also include teacher visits to the National Reception Centre for Asylum Seekers according to the needs of students, but not more than once a week, given the situation of Covid 19.
How and where to apply
Interested applicants are required to submit an Expression of Interest and a separate financial offer for this assignment to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org The application package is required to include a recently updated CV.
Deadline for application: date 19th of October 2020