“Vocational training course instructor for cook helper for Foreigner (refugees and asylum seekers) FORWORK Project”
Grant Agreement no. VS/2017/0446 – Fostering Opportunities of Refugee WORKers (FORWORK)
National Agency for Vocational Education and Training and Qualifications (NAVETQ) as co-partner in the project FORWORK coordinated by the Italian National Agency for Active Labour Policies (ANPAL), have been awarded a grant by the European Commission, DG Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion, within the EASI – PROGRESS program.
During the period from 2018 to 2021, the project aims promoting the social and working inclusion of asylum seekers and refugees hosted in reception facilities in Italy and Albania.
In Italy, the project will assess whether a dedicated training and placement program is effective in improving labour market and social integration of asylum seekers and refugees. In order to answer this question, we will evaluate a pilot program involving asylum seekers hosted in reception centres in Piedmont, a large region in the North-West of Italy. The evaluation design will involve ad-hoc data collections and counterfactual analysis, in which beneficiaries will be randomized into treatment and control groups. The program will involve approximately 1,200 (600+600) individuals in 160 reception centres of the region, equally split into treatment and control groups. Evaluation activities will be carried out by the Fondazione Rodolfo De Benedetti, a research organization with experience in policy evaluation and impact assessment.
In Albania, the FORWORK project will be implemented by two partners of the consortium: Adriapol and the National Agency for Vocational Education, Training and Qualifications (NAVETQ).
Base on the planned activities in Albania an initial assessment of the population of asylum seekers and refugees in the country was done. Currently, a pilot group of asylum seekers and refugees will benefit the Albanian language courses, civic education courses followed by vocational trainings and job coaching services. In this context, 3 vocational training course instructor for cook helper are required in order to support course implementation.
Duties and responsibilities of each of the 3 course instructors include as following:
- Prepare the appropriate teaching and learning materials for the development of the cook helper course for foreigner (asylum seekers and refuges)
- Create and prepare lesson plans for the curricula development by integrating competencies, goals, and objectives into lesson plans
- Teach trainee the required basic knowledge, skills and attitudes,
- Organize classroom lectures, coursework, Assign homework and interesting exercises,
- Provide individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curricula to the needs of each trainee,
- Create positive educational climate for trainees and modify the lesson plans accordingly the trainees’ performance,
- Keep a record of trainees’ attendance for each lesson day,
- Observe, evaluate and follow trainees’ performance and final results
- Prepare and distribute required reports for the trainees’ performance,
- Create tests for trainees and determine exam,
- Determine trainees level based on the test results.
Required Skills and Experience
Vocational Qualification certificate in the occupational field.
- Demonstrated experience of 5 years in teaching and/or occupational field.
- Experience in delivering educational activities to vulnerable populations is a strong advantage.
- Previous working experience of working with EU Project is an advantage.
- Demonstrated soft skills in management of vulnerable groups.
- Excellent communication skills.
For this position, Skills in English and communication skills, is required.
Time frame and scope of the assignment
The above mentioned assignment deliverables are expected to be performed in a time span of 3 months, starting from April 2021 and June 2021 with a work load of a total of 66 working days.
22 working days for the preparation of the teaching and learning materials and 44 working days for online teaching of the vocational training course.
The expert will be reporting to the contractor, periodically (every week) on the progress of the work. The contractor will assure that all deliverables produced by expert are supplied to NAVETQ in high quality in accordance with ToR and within stipulated deadlines.
The expert will work according to a calendar which will be decided within 5 days from the signing of the contract. Teaching will be developed online and will also include practical learning in the worksite according to the needs of trainees, but not more than once a week, given the situation of Covid 19.
How and where to apply
Interested applicants are required to submit an Expression of Interest for this assignment to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org The application package is required to include a recently updated CV, a copy of the diploma of the highest degree achieved and a name as referee.
Deadline for application: date 21st of April 2021