“Legal Expert for FORWORK Project”
Grant Agreement no. VS/2017/0446 – Fostering Opportunities of Refugee WORKers (FORWORK)
The National Agency for Vocational Education and Training and Qualifications (NAVETQ) as co-partner in the project FORWORK coordinated by the the Italian National Agency for Active Labor Policies (ANPAL), have been awarded a grant by the European Commission, DG Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion, within the EASI – PROGRESS program.
During the period from 2018 to 2021, the project aims at promoting the social and working inclusion of asylum seekers and refugees hosted in reception facilities in Italy and Albania.
In Italy, the project will assess whether a dedicated training and placement program is effective in improving labour market and social integration of asylum seekers and refugees. In order to answer this question, we will evaluate a pilot program involving asylum seekers hosted in reception centres in Piedmont, a large region in the North-West of Italy. The evaluation design will involve ad-hoc data collections and counterfactual analysis, in which beneficiaries will be randomized into treatment and control groups. The program will involve approximately 1,200 (600+600) individuals in 160 reception centres of the region, equally split into treatment and control groups. Evaluation activities will be carried out by the Fondazione Rodolfo Debenedetti, a research organization with experience in policy evaluation and impact assessment.
In Albania, the FORWORK project will be implemented by two partners of the consortium: Adriapol and the National Agency for Vocational Education, Training and Qualifications (NAVETQ).
Planned activities in Albania will involve an initial assessment of the population of asylum seekers and refugees in the country.
Then, a pilot group of asylum seekers and refugees will benefit from Albanian language courses, civic education courses followed by vocational trainings and job coaching services.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Extend technical expertise support and assistance to the Project Manager to maintain and deliver timely performance of projects activities according to the periodic work plans as well as ensuring achieving target outputs, especially with reference to the Project’s legal and policy advisory issues;
- Provide programmatic inputs with specific focus on legal and policy advisory issues based on both research and deep understanding of the legal, political and social contexts in Albania
- Maintain effective working relationships within the government and non-government agencies related to the main objective of the project
- Provide expert support to the Project Management in the development, execution and revisions of the Project’s periodic work plans, preparation of periodic reports and evaluations of results (outputs/outcome) as against set indicators.
- Provide expertise and knowledge support for the procedure of procurement.
- Demonstrate excellent communication, planning and organizational skills.
- Carry out other relevant tasks as assigned by the Project Management team.
Required Skills and Experience
An advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in law is required.
- Demonstrated experience of 5 years of relevant professional in government or non-government body
- Work experience in supporting Project Management of EU Funds, especially in delivering technical
assistance on procurement, project reporting and drafting;
- Demonstrated drafting skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
For this position, fluency in English, with proven drafting and communication skills, is required. Skills in Italian is an advantage.
Time frame and scope of the assignment
The above mentioned assignment deliverables are expected to be performed in a time span of 6 months, starting from April to September 2021 with a work load of a total of 55 working days.
The expert will be reporting to the contractor, periodically (every two weeks) on the progress of the work. The contractor will assure that all deliverables produced by expert are supplied to NAVETQ in high quality in accordance with ToR and within stipulated deadlines.
The Expert will be working independently, however if some working place is needed for meeting or presentation NAVETQ will provide a working station for the consultant.
Travel and communication costs will be covered by the expert, however coordination and support will be offered to the expert by the technical coordinator of this task at NAVETQ.
How and where to apply
Interested applicants are required to submit an Expression of Interest for this assignment to the following email address: email@example.com The application package is required to include a recently updated CV, a copy of the diploma of the highest degree achieved and a name as referee.
Deadline for application: 21st, April 2021